Delicious Homemade Vanilla Fudge
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling takes 2-3 hours
- Makes lots of delicious fudge!
A simple and easy tasty treat to make at home - no cooking skills needed!
- 410g of Evaporated Milk
- 500g Caster Sugar
- 150g of Butter
- 2tsp of Vanilla Flavouring
- STEP 1In a reasonably large pan with a thick bottom, pour the evaporated milk, sugar and butter. (Tip: cut your butter into small cubes so it melts quicker.)
- STEP 2Heat the mixture on medium heat and stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- STEP 3When it bubbles and is boiling, cook at exactly that heat for around 20 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring.
- STEP 4When the mixture is quite thick and a glossy, golden brown colour, turn off the heat. If the mixture starts to look brown in some places, take it off the heat immediately and stir vigorously till the brown bits are gone.
- STEP 5Cool for 5 minutes.
- STEP 6Then beat it with an electric mixer until it loses some of its gloss and becomes thicker. This should take 5-10 minutes.
- STEP 7Then, add your vanilla essence. Whisk again so it is no longer visible and pour into a tin lined with tin foil or grease proof paper.
- STEP 8Leave to cool for 2-3 hours, and then slice into cubes and enjoy!