Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Roasted Chicken Legs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
A cheap and tasty recipe.
- 1KG chicken legs
- Vegetable oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour and a chicken stock cube for gravy if required.
- STEP 1Heat oven to 300F, 150C (fan) Wipe around your baking tray with the oil. Place the chicken legs into the tray and smear each with butter and sprinkle on the mixed herbs. Season. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for one hour basting after half an hour.
- STEP 2After an hour increase the temperature of the oven to 400F, 200C (fan) and roast for another half hour uncovered. Now is the time to add any roast vegetables that you may want. After half and hour take the chicken out to rest and make a gravy from the juices.
- STEP 3To make the gravy: Mix a couple of tablespoons of plain flour to the chicken juices to make a loose paste and cook gently for a minute. Crumble in a chicken stock cube and gradually add 1/2-3/4 pint of water stirring well until bubbling and thickened. Season if required.