Workday winner mackerel rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Timings assume you are using leftover rice.
- Serves 1
If you've a microwave at work, this quick cheap recipe beats a sandwich every time. My husband and I both have it at least twice a week. We never get bored and it's healthy.
- 1 portion leftover basmati rice
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 5cm piece of cucumber, diced
- 1-2 roast or smoked mackerel fillets
- Light soy sauce
- Sriracha (optional)
- 1 packet of instant miso soup (optional)
- STEP 1Put rice and spring onions in a microwavable container, cover and heat until rice is piping hot (around 3 minutes for chilled rice, 6 for frozen)
- STEP 2While the rice is heating, flake the mackerel into a bowl and add the cucumber.
- STEP 3Stir the hot rice into the mackerel and cucumber mix.
- STEP 4Add soy and sriracha to taste. Stir.
- STEP 5Serve with miso soup on the side (miso soup made as per pack instructions)