Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Hot Sweet Potato and Leek Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
This is really easy soup to prepare, that is lovely and warming on cold days with a spicy kick too.
- 2 each medium carrots, sweet potatoes and leeks roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 chilli, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1.6 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 3.
- STEP 2Put the carrots, sweet potatoes, leeks, onion, garlic, chilli, celery, stock and bay leaf into a large flameproof casserole dish and bring slowly to the boil.
- STEP 3Cover and transfer to the oven for 1 1/2 - 2hrs, by which time the vegetables will be soft.
- STEP 4Remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Liquidise the soup until smooth.