Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lamb Chops With Redcurrant Sauce and Sauté Potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Hey! I'm 14 years old and I love to cook with ambitions to becoming a chef when I grow up and to encourage me to practise my cooking more often I am attempting to invent new recipes and uploading them here. This recipe I created for my Mum's local community magazine when I was 12.
- 2 tbsp. Redcurrant Jelly
- 4 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 8 Lamb Chops
- 6 Large Potatoes
- 2 Handfuls Fresh Redcurrants
- STEP 1In a saucepan on low heat, mix together the redcurrant jelly and red wine vinegar. Chop up the garlic and rosemary and add them to the sauce. Mix and leave on the heat until there are no chunks of the jelly left (this should take about 5 minutes). When finished put the lamb chops into a shallow dish and pour the sauce on top. Cover with cling film and leave aside for an hour.
- STEP 2Half an hour before you are ready to serve, peel the potatoes and slice them up into pieces around 1cm thick. Put them in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until soft. When they are finished, strain the potatoes and fry in oil for 5-10 minutes on either side, ensuring that they are brown and crispy. You can now either put them on a plate under tinfoil or put them in a warm oven until they are needed to be served.
- STEP 3Remove the lamb chops from the marinade/sauce and put on a plate to dry a little before you cook them on the griddle. Heat up the griddle with olive oil until hot and sear the lamb chops on either side to your liking. Meanwhile pour the sauce back into the saucepan, add a couple of handfuls of redcurrants, and heat it up to be served.
- STEP 4Once everything is cooked and prepared; remove the potatoes from the oven and serve with the sticky lamb chops, redcurrant sauce and green vegetables.