Millie's Cookies recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Cookies
These delicious cookies are easy to cook and taste as good as the real Millies cookies, with a crisp outer layer and a gooey centre these treats are best eaten warm but last well...if they last that long!!!
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4
- STEP 2Cream butter and sugars, once creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla.
- STEP 3Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips.
- STEP 4Roll into walnut size balls, for a more homemade look, or roll into a long, thick sausage shape and slice to make neater looking cookies.
- STEP 5Place on ungreased baking paper. If you want to have the real Millies experience then bake for just 7 minutes, till the cookies are just setting - the cookies will be really doughy and delicious. Otherwise cook for 10 minutes until just golden round the edges.
- STEP 6Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack. These are great warm, and they also store well, if they don't all get eaten straight away!