Pea and Pancetta Risotto
Member recipe by edwardsc
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 100g Pancetta cubes
- 1x 250ml cup of rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Approx 700ml boiling water
- 1tbsp oregano
- Approx 150g peas (frozen are fine)
- Gently fry the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until almost translucent. Add the pancetta and fry for a further 2 minutes or so until cooked.
- Add the rice to the pan, and fry until the grains are translucent at the edges, stirring the ingredients well all the time.
- Make up approx. 700ml of chicken stock with 1 stock cube. Add a ladle or two of stock to the pan and stir well. Lower the heat and let the stock be absorbed into the rice. Stir the risotto regularly, and gradually add the stock 1 ladle at a time allowing each to be absorbed until the rice is cooked. You may not need all the stock - I use about 650ml. If you need a little more, hot water can be added.
- While the rice is cooking, cook the peas, drain and set to one side.
- When the rice is soft and tastes right to you, stir the peas through the risotto.
- Serve warm with black pepper and a little drizzle of olive oil.