- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 10-15 doughnuts
I found this great recipe so easy to make...the only downsize is if you have a small frying pan (like I had) it will take you a while to cook them.
- - 120 ml milk
- - 100 ml water
- - 150 g flour
- - 125 g butter
- - 4 eggs
- - 1 tbsp caster sugar
- - chocolate sauce
- STEP 1In a saucepan add the water, milk, sugar and butter and put it on a low heat. When it starts to boil take it off, add the flour and mix well until it no longer sticks to the pan and it comes together into a ball.
- STEP 2Leave the dough to cool down a bit but not completely. In the meantime you can make the chocolate sauce (I used one dark chocolate bar and a bit of milk ~50ml, melt them on a low heat) so you can eat them as soon as they are ready :). When the dough has cooled down add the eggs one by one and mix until you get a soft and sticky mixture.
- STEP 3Use a pipping bag and a star shape nozzle to form the doughnuts. I formed them on a spatula then sank them in hot oil, leave the spatula in the oil for a few seconds until the doughnut comes off. Take them out on a kitchen towel when they are golden.
- STEP 4Decorate with icing sugar and serve with the chocolate sauce or a drizzle of honey. ENJOY!!!