Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chedar Cheese And Ricotta Triangles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 18 triangles
From time to time I like to treat myself with cheese and more cheese in pastry. If I was to choose something to take with me on a deserted island it would definitely be cheese. These little triangles are not too cheesy but slightly sweet and crunchy.
- - 2 sheets of puff pastry
- - 100 g ricotta cheese
- - 100 g mild cheddar cheese
- - 1 egg
- - a pinch of salt and pepper
- - a egg yolk and sesame seeds for decorating
- STEP 1In a bowl mix the cheddar, ricotta, egg and a pinch of salt & pepper then mix until everything is well combined.
- STEP 2Cut the pastry in 10X10 cm squares. You can make them bigger or smaller it's totally up to you but do be mindful of the cooking time.
- STEP 3Place a tbsp of the cheese mixture in the middle pf the pastry square then brush the edges with beaten egg yolk.
- STEP 4Fold the pastry so that you get a triangle shape and seal the edges with a fork.
- STEP 5Brush the pastry triangles with the remaining egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- STEP 6Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the triangles on it, about 2 cm apart.
- STEP 7Bake them in a hot oven at 350F gas 4 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. ENJOY!