Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon and Ginger cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- An hour min to set
- Serves 6
A wonderful refreshing weekend treat. Truly beautiful. If you aren't fond of ginger use a light ginger biscuit, it just helps the sweetness. I have ginger haters in the family and they loved it. No left overs!
For The Base:
- 150g Digestive biscuits
50g Of All butter ginger biscuits (25g for decoration)
- 50g Of All butter ginger biscuits (25g for decoration)
90g Melted butter (plus extra for greaceing and maybe to taste)
- 90g Melted butter (plus extra for greaceing and maybe to taste)
For The Filling:
- 3 Whole lemons
- 284ml Double cream
- 400g Full fat Philadelphia
- STEP 1Lightly butter a cheesecake tin. Whizz the digestives in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs. Pour in the butter, whizz briefly again, then blend in the ginger biscuits (make sure you taste the mix as depending on which ginger biscuits you have you may need some more butter). Then tip the mixture into the tin and press down firmly, cover with clean film and leave in the fridge.
- STEP 2Mix the cream cheese and double cream together until smooth. Squeeze all the juice from the lemons into the mixture then mix well.
- STEP 3Take the biscuit base out of the fridge and put the cream cheese filling on top, smooth over and re-wrap then back in the fridge.
- STEP 4Whizz the 25g of ginger biscuits to whatever consistency you wish, then after about half an hour scatter on the cheesecake to your will.
- STEP 5Keep in the fridge until serving.