Conchiglioni Pasta with Creamy Tomato and Garlic Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A quick and easy low-fat family supper dish, using our new extra-large shell-shaped pasta, roasted sweet cherry tomatoes, garlic and crème fraîche
- 500g pack cherry tomatoes
- I tbsp olive oil
- 500g pack conchiglioni dried pasta
- 2 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- 20g pack fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced lengthways
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and seasoning in a medium shallow ovenproof dish and mix well to coat everything in the oil. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once during cooking, until the tomatoes are soft but still holding their shape.
- STEP 2Fifteen minutes before the tomatoes are ready, cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then drain thoroughly.
- STEP 3Tip the cooked pasta into a large serving dish. Add the crème fraîche and the roasted tomatoes and toss everything together. Season to taste.
- STEP 4Roughly shred the basil by rolling the leaves up together in small cigar-shaped bundles, then slicing very thinly. Stir into the pasta and serve immediately, with a fresh watercress salad and some ciabatta bread.