Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling cupcakes can take up to 40 minutes
- More effort
- Makes 12 cupcakes
Irresistible chocolate coconut cupcakes with a delicious coconut icing.
- 100g plain flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 90g brown or demarera sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 115g butter melted
- 120g coconut milk
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp dried coconut flakes
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line 12 hole cupcake tin with cases.
- STEP 2Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- STEP 3In a larger bowl whisk egg, sugars, vanilla, melted butter and the 120g of the thickest yoghurt part of the coconut milk.
- STEP 4Fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients.
- STEP 5Fill paper cases at least 2/3 full of cupcake mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer when stabbed into the cupcake comes out clean.
- STEP 6Allow the cupcakes to fully cool and meanwhile make the icing. Add the 1 1/2 tsp of butter and icing sugar into a bowl and mix together. Pour in enough coconut milk to get your desired icing consistency and mix well.
- STEP 7Spread icing upon cooled cupcakes and top with coconut flakes. (You can also mix the coconut with extra brown sugar if desired. This is shown in the photo.)
- STEP 8Allow the icing to set in the fridge and then enjoy your cupcakes!