- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Biscuits
- 1) 135g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, at room tablespoons butter.
- 2) Half a cup icing sugar( American cups)
- 3) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4) 3 quarters of a cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 5) Half a cup fine yellow polenta or coarse yellow cornmeal
- 6) 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as demerara sugar
- May need to add a drop of water to bind.
- STEP 11. In an electric mixer , beat the butter with icing sugar and vanllla at low speed until combined.
- STEP 2In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal .
- STEP 3Blend the dry ingredients into the butter mix. It may require a drop of water to bind
- STEP 4Roll out between sheets of cling film, using a pastry cutter make the biscuits.sprinkle them with Demerara sugar and place on baking sheet.
- STEP 5Cook in the oven 180, gas mark for until they are golden brown