Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 hours to set
- Makes Enough for 4 Generous Gifts
Deliciously simple fudge recipe, for you to enjoy or a great gift!
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 450g Granulated Sugar
- 400ml Double Cream
- 50g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- STEP 1Add your sugar,cream and butter to a heavy based saucepan. Keeping the heat low until the sugar has dissolved.
- STEP 2Once the sugar has dissolved, add your vanilla extract and turn up the heat. You will need a thermometer, as you need the mixture to bubble until it reaches 116 degrees celsius. This will take about 15 minutes. stir occasionally to stop the mixture from burning. If you do not reach 116, the mixture will not set, be patient.
- STEP 3Once you've reached the desired temperature, take off the heat and add the zest of one orange finely grated, and your dark chocolate. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- STEP 4Pour in to a lined dish, approximately 20cmx20cm. Once cool, chop in to cubes and enjoy.