Double Chocolate & Marshmallow Flapjacks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling - 30 mins
- Makes 16 squares
Why have a normal flapjack when you can have one packed with chocolate & gooey marshmallows?! Find the recipe here: www.mybakinghaven.com/2014/01/04/double-chocolate-marshmallow-flapjacks/
- 100g butter/ margarine
- 250g oats
- 25g muscavado/ soft brown sugar
- 150g milk chocolate (use dark if you prefer)
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 75g white chocolate
- 75g marshmallows
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160°c/ 140° fan/ gas mark 3 and line a square baking tin (approximately 25cm square) with greaseproof paper.
- STEP 2In a glass bowl weigh out your butter, sugar and milk chocolate. Melt this over a pan of hot water making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- STEP 3Stir in the golden syrup to this mixture.
- STEP 4In a separate bowl weigh out your oats and pour the melted mixture in, stirring until it is fully combined.
- STEP 5Break your white chocolate up into chunks and cut up your marshmallows into pieces and add them to the mixture. Make sure they are evenly distributed so that every piece of flapjack will have plenty in.
- STEP 6Put this mixture into the tin and spread out evenly, popping it into the oven for around 20 mins. It’ll be ready once the mixture has firmed up a little and the marshmallows have bubbled up but not browned too much, doesn’t matter if they are a little bit golden on top.
- STEP 7Allow the flapjack to completely cool in the tin and then turn out onto a work surface. (If they are still a little too soft and gooey put them in the fridge for 10-15 mins.)
- STEP 8Cut the block into 16 pieces (4x4.)
- STEP 9Eat and enjoy!