Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Coffee and walnut cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Yummy coffee and walnut cake
- 2 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 125g softened butter
- 100ml (half small mug) strong cooled coffee
- Crushed walnuts
- 4 tbs icing sugar (optional)
- STEP 1Cream together butter and sugar
- STEP 2Add eggs and flour together and beat with an electric whisk
- STEP 3Fold in walnuts and mix in half the coffee
- STEP 4Pour into a cake tin
- STEP 5Cook at 160 (fan) for 25 to 30 mins
- STEP 6Leave 5 mins, then put onto a wire rack
- STEP 7Either spoon the remaining coffee over the cake and leave to cool, or once cooled mix the remaining coffee with the icing sugar and pour over cake.
- STEP 8Eat and Enjoy!!!!