Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
1 2 3 - The Easiest Yogurt-Based Sponge Cake! (No Measuring Equipment Required)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
When you're short of time but are craving for a bit of homemade cake, this is a great and quick easy recipe to have a go at - even with the kids! What's more, there is no need for any measuring equipment - your yogurt pot does all of it for you! Less washing up is great news! Using only basic ingredients that you'll probably have in our kitchen, you'll be surprised by the results!
- 1 Pot of Plain Yoghurt
- 2 Pots of Sugar
- 3 Pots of Plain Flour
- 1/2 Pot Oil
- 1/2 Pot Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- STEP 1Before starting, preheat your oven to 180°C. This will avoid you waiting around once you have finished making the batter which takes under 5 minutes!
- STEP 2Take a mixing bowl and add to it your pot of plain yogurt. Then, once rinsed out and dried, use it to measure 3 pots of flour and 2 pots of sugar and add this to the mix. Using a fork (or electronic whisk), mix the contents. Again, using the same yogurt pot, measure 1/2 pot of oil and 1/2 pot of milk and add to the bowl. Then, measure out the 1 tbsp of baking powder and crack to eggs into the batter. Mix (tilting the bowl and moving the fork in a circular motion to get as much air in as possible) until the mixture is nice and smooth, free from lumps. If there are any chocolate fanatics out there, you could swirl in some melted chocolate for a marble effect!
- STEP 3Take your cake tin and either line it with foil, or spread with butter to avoid it from sticking when you take it out. Then, pour the mixture in and shake the tin from side to side to ensure an even spread. Place it in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for a few minutes before taking out the tin. Serve and enjoy, perhaps with some icing sugar or jam.
- STEP 4P.S. Don't forget to leave a review!