Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vegetarian Sausage Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A quick and easy heart warming veggie recipe
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp crushed basil
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 green pepper deseeded and roughly sliced
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 mushrooms roughly chopped
- 4 white potatoes chopped into small chunks
- 300ml of hot vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- pack of vegetable sausages (4-6)
- STEP 1Add the oil to a large frying pan or wok, then add your chopped mushrooms, peppers, onions and potatoes, fry for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2In the meantime preheat the oven to 190C
- STEP 3Once the veg starts to soften add your hot veg stock and a tbsp of basil along with some salt and pepper. Stir in all ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes
- STEP 4Now add your sausages in the oven for 5 minutes then turn the sausages and cook for a further 5 minutes
- STEP 5Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir ina final tbsp of basil along with another small shower of salt and pepper. Take out sausages and chopped into small chunks and add to the pan.
- STEP 6Add a dash of lemon juice and stir all the mix to ensure sauce is mixed in with veg and sausages. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- STEP 7I had this on its own but due to the lovely sauce that this creates I believe it would be lovely with a choice of rice, mash potato or a nice French stick. Enjoy