Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken with Walnuts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Tender tasty chicken.
- 500g chicken
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 5-6 cups water
- STEP 1Boil some water in a saucepan and add salt (amount according to taste).
- STEP 2Add the chicken and boil on a low heat for approximately 1 hour.
- STEP 3Remove the chicken, reserving 1 cup of stock. Allow the chicken to cool down and then cut it into four pieces.
- STEP 4Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large pan. Add the chicken and fry until slightly browned. Remove and set aside trying to keep them warm.
- STEP 5Add the remaining 2 tbsp butter. Once the butter has melted add the flour and stir until the mixture turns slightly golden. Add the reserved stock, and stir constantly to avoid any lumps.
- STEP 6When the mixture starts to boil, add the vinegar, garlic, walnuts and seasoning. Allow to simmer on a low heat for approx. 5 minutes,
- STEP 7Add the sauce to the chicken and serve.