Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Pieces
Paan Khand - Dessert Made @Home. Ideal for people who are calorie/ health/ diet freaks :)
1.Sugarless Condensed Milk: 250 Ml (If you donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt get sugarless condensed milk, you may try to prepare it at home ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ you need to have more time and patience.
- 1.Sugarless Condensed Milk: 250 Ml (If you donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt get sugarless condensed milk, you may try to prepare it at home ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ you need to have more time and patience.
2.Fat Free, High Protein Paneer: 3 Packs
- 2.Fat Free, High Protein Paneer: 3 Packs
3.Milk Powder: 300 Gms
- 3.Milk Powder: 300 Gms
4.Coconut Powder: 50 Gms
- 5.Desiccated Coconut
- 6.Paan Extract/ Betel Leaves (4-5)
- 7.Sweetened Fennels
8.Used for garnishing: Rock Sugar ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Just a few pieces, Dry Fruits, Saffron etc
- 9.Rose Essence (or anything you like to have)
- 10.Sugar free
- 11.Grated Beet root
- 12.Ghee - DonÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt use more than 2 table spoons in total
- 13.A dash of Salt
- 14.Kova (optional)
- STEP 1I. To prepare the main peda base:
- STEP 2ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Crumble the cottage cheese (paneer) cubes, and keep it aside.
- STEP 3ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In a non-stick pan, add quarter spoon of Ghee (optional) and add the crumbled paneer.
- STEP 4ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Saute until the crumbled paneer turns a little moist.
- STEP 5ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ At that point, add the sugarless condensed milk (250 Ml) to it and keep stirring until it merges well with paneer to form a thick consistency.
- STEP 6ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add a dash of salt in the mixture while stirring.
- STEP 7ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In case if it doesnÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt a ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂthickÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ base , add milk powder little by little (not the whole at once) until it forms thick.
- STEP 8ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may also add cocunut powder (gives nice flavor).
- STEP 9ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add sugar free at the end (as required) along with few drops of Rose essence.
- STEP 10ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may add sugar less, fat free kova (optional).
- STEP 11ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Transfer that paste to a plate and let it cool.
- STEP 12ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Separate one-fourth of this base, flatten it to let it cool faster.
- STEP 13II. To prepare the paan flavored stuffing:
- STEP 14ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ In the same non-stick pan, add 3-4 table spoons of grated beetroot and saute it with one quarter spoon of Ghee.
- STEP 15ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ When it is semi-cooked, add the separated base with beetroot and saute until it turns red.
- STEP 16ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Add a few drops of betel leavesÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ juice (or paan extract preferably). Saute until it forms a firm base.
- STEP 17ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You may add sugar free in case you sweeten it more.
- STEP 18III. Final touch:
- STEP 19ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Make small balls of the red base and the white base (smaller red and larger white)
- STEP 20ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Form a cuplet structure with the white peda balls.
- STEP 21ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Try to stuff the paan flavored balls into the peda white balls and cover the white peda as one in a stuffed paratha.
- STEP 22ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Roll them once well on your palm to give a neat finishing.
- STEP 23ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Garnish them with sweet fennels, saffron, dry fruits (whatever you may want to)
- STEP 24ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Try to garnish them with things used in a sweet paan.
- STEP 25ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Roll the garnished peda on dry desiccated coconut.