Classic, thick mayonnaise
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes about 700 ml
- 150 grams egg yolk
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (i used terragon)
- 2 tbsp french mustard
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 10 drops of Worcestershire sauce
- STEP 1Blend the egg yolk and vinegar together. After 20 seconds add the mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- STEP 2Add, in a thin stream, the sunfloweroil so that it emulsifies. Wait after 50 ml or so to see the texture changing the a thicker consistency. Don't rush!
- STEP 3Finally add salt and pepper to taste (and parsley or other fresh herbs to add flavour)
- STEP 4* if the mayonaise does not thicken and remains runny, rebuild your base (egg yolk and vinegar) and at the broken mix bit by bit.