Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Hannah's slow cooker chicken stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Hearty and simple to cook.
- 600g Boneless chicken thighs.
- 1 Large onion. Diced.
- 1 Parsnip. Cut in circles.
- 2 Carrots. Cut in circles.
- 2 Large potatoes. Large dice. Skin left on.
- 100g Frozen peas
- 1 tbsp Onion chutney.
- 600ml Chicken stock.
- 2 tbsp Chicken gravy granules.
- STEP 1Prep all veg. There is no need to peel the carrots and the skin will help keep the potatoes from breaking up. I would recommend peeling the parsnip though.
- STEP 2Put all the ingredients except the gravy granules into the slow cooker. Give it a quick stir to combine the ingredients.
- STEP 3Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. The chicken thighs should break up during the cooking to almost a 'pulled' like chicken.
- STEP 4Once cooked. Combine the gravy granules with just enough boiling water to make a paste consistency. Mix this into the stew to thicken it up. Add more if you'd like it thicker.
- STEP 5Enjoy with some nice crusty bread. Or serve inside a giant Yorkshire pudding.