Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pan Seared Teriyaki Salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 total
Light fluffy pan-seared salmon on a nice bed of rice
- 1/4 low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp water , 1 tbsp cornstarch , 1/2 water
- Wild caught Alaskan salmon filet
- STEP 1RUCTIONS Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, 1/8 cup water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil to a medium bowl. Add half of the marinade to a ziplock bag and the other half to a small saucepan and set aside. Place salmon filets in the ziplock bag and marinate for 30 minutes. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add salmon filets making sure not to overcrowd pan (I had to cook two at a time). Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until desired doneness.
- STEP 2Meanwhile heat the reserved marinade in the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch and water to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture to the marinade and simmer until thickened. Serve immediately with the teriyaki sauce drizzled on top as well as green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.