- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
This is a spaghetti Bolognese recipe.
- A small sprinkle cayenne pepper
- A small sprinkle paprika
- A few drops Tabasco
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 100ml red wine
- 1 good tsp Italian herb seasonings
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp brown sugar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A good drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small cirio tomato purée
- 1/4 bottle tomato Passata
- 1/2-1 pack fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 packs lean minced beef
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- A small handful fresh basil, finely chopped, plus more to serve
- 1 small carrot, chopped into small circles
- 1/3 stick celery, finely chopped (optional)
- STEP 1Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- STEP 2Add the finely chopped onion and the pressed garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and keep stirring.
- STEP 3Add the carrot and celery (chopped) and cook together and mix.
- STEP 4Add the bay leaf is using.
- STEP 5Add the beef and grind together with the mix.
- STEP 6Add all the tomato ingredients and the salt and pepper and mix well.
- STEP 7Add the sugar, oregano, Italian herb seasoning, red wine, cayenne pepper, paprika and the Tabasco. Mix well. Cover with lid and cook for 30 minutes on medium-high heat.
- STEP 8Chop the basil and add to the saucepan. Cover with lid and cook for 25 more minutes and mix occasionally.
- STEP 9Finish it off in the oven for 25 minutes.
- STEP 10Now cook some spaghetti (cooked for 2 minutes less than the packet says) in boiling water with 1/4tsp salt and a drop of olive oil. Strain the spaghetti. Toss with the Bolognese in the saucepan. Serve on a plate. Eat and enjoy!