Points to remember
- To skin the fish, hold the tail end of the fish and make an incision. Ease the flesh up a little. Use a small amount of salt to help grip the fish. Slide the blade along to remove the flesh from the skin.
- Cut the fish into chunky strips.
- Set up three dishes, one with flour, one with egg and the final one with breadcrumbs.
- Dip the fish in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Next dip it in beaten egg, again shaking off the excess.
- Finally dip the fish into the dried breadcrumbs then lay it on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the fish chunks.
- Oven cook or fry the fish fingers until golden and cooked through, turning once during cooking time.