- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp curry paste (we used Bart Veeraswamy Gujurat Masala curry paste)
- 200g yellow lentil , rinsed
- 1 ½l vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut , plus extra to sprinkle if you like
- 1 cauliflower , broken into little florets
- cooked basmati rice and coriander leaves, plus mango chutney and naan bread (optional), to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 mins, add the curry paste, then stir-fry for 1 min before adding the lentils, stock and coconut. Bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for 40 mins or until the lentils are soft.
- STEP 2
During the final 10 mins of cooking, stir in the cauliflower to cook. Spoon rice into 4 bowls, top with the curry and sprinkle with coriander leaves, and coconut if you like. Serve with mango chutney and naan bread (optional).