- 85g dried red lentils
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthways then diced
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
A collection of long, thick, juicy stalks around a central, tender heart, celery ranges in…
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
Tip the lentils and vegetables into a large pan with the tomato purée, thyme, garlic, bouillon powder and coriander. Pour over 1½ litres boiling water from the kettle, then stir well. Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
Ladle into bowls and eat straightaway, or if you like a really thick texture, blitz a third of the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor.