Warm chicken liver salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 140g fine green beans
- 200g chicken livers , trimmed
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 whole chicory or Baby Gem lettuce, separated into leaves
- 100g watercress
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- crusty granary bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the green beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins, drain and keep warm. Meanwhile, toss together the chicken livers, olive oil and rosemary. Heat a large non-stick pan and cook the chicken livers over a high heat for 5-6 mins until nicely browned and cooked through – they should still be a little pink in the centre.
- STEP 2
Arrange the beans on serving plates with the lettuce leaves and watercress. Add the vinegar to the pan, cook for a couple of seconds then spoon over the salad. Serve warm with crusty granary bread.