Veggie olive wraps with mustard vinaigrette
- Preparation and cooking time
- no cook
- Serves 1
Eat the rainbow with our simple, healthy, veggie wrap. This olive and veg sandwich makes an easy vegan, low-calorie lunch option to eat al-desko
- 1 carrot , shredded or coarsely grated
- 80g wedge red cabbage , finely shredded
- 2 spring onions , thinly sliced
- 1 courgette , shredded or coarsely grated
- handful basil leaves
- 5 green olives , pitted and halved
- ½ tsp English mustard powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 large seeded tortilla
- STEP 1
Mix all the ingredients except for the tortilla and toss well.
- STEP 2
Put the tortilla on a sheet of foil and pile the filling along one side of the wrap – it will almost look like too much mixture, but once you start to roll it firmly it will compact. Roll the tortilla from the filling side, folding in the sides as you go. Fold the foil in at the ends to keep stuff inside the wrap. Cut in half and eat straight away. If taking to work, leave whole and wrap up like a cracker in baking parchment.
Not a fan of olives? Spread the wrap with a nut butter like peanut, almond or cashew instead before adding the filling. Go for a sugar-free butter without palm oil. It will add more protein but also a little extra fat too, so don’t slather on too much.