- 2 slices seeded wholemeal soda bread (see goes well with)
- 50g Danish blue cheese
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of English mustard powder
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 85g bag mixed leaf salad (choose one with curly endive and radicchio)
- 1 large or 2 small pears, halved, cored and sliced (no need to peel)
Like apples, to which they are related, pears come in thousands of varieties, of which only a…
- 20g walnuts, roughly chopped
Walnuts are one of the most popular and versatile of all nuts. When picked young, they're…
Toast the bread while you make the dressing: mash 15g blue cheese with the oil, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic and 1 tbsp water.
Pile the salad leaves onto two plates. Spread the remaining cheese over the toast (it doesn’t matter if it goes cold), top with the pear and scatter with the walnut pieces. Drizzle the dressing over the salad leaves and serve.
Packed lunchIf making a packed lunch, spread the toast with the cheese and take the salad, pear and nuts with a separate pot of dressing. Slice the pear just before eating to preserve the nutrients and prevent it going brown.