Vegan hot chocolate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 500ml oat milk
- 100g vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped, plus a grating to serve
- 1 small cinnamon stick (optional)
- 2 bruised cardamom pods (optional)
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- vegan marshmallows, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat all the ingredients, except the marshmallows, if using, in a small pan over a low heat, stirring frequently until the chocolate has melted. Remove and discard the whole spices with a slotted spoon, if using.
- STEP 2
Divide the hot chocolate between two mugs and top with the vegan marshmallows, if using, and an extra grating of chocolate.