Turkey & mushroom pot pies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 4 rashers streaky bacon , chopped
- 140g chestnut mushrooms , sliced
- 250g turkey mince (thigh is best)
- 25g plain flour
- 200ml chicken stock
- a few thyme sprigs , leaves picked
- ½ x 375g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk , beaten
- wilted spring greens , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 8-10 mins until softened. Add the bacon and mushrooms, and cook until both are browned. Add the turkey mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon, and cook for another 5 mins until browned.
- STEP 2
Add the flour, stir for 1 min or so, then pour in the chicken stock and add the thyme. Mix well and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 mins until it boils and thickens slightly. Season to taste and set aside to cool for 10-15 mins.
- STEP 3
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Once cooled, divide the turkey mixture between 2 ramekins or mini pie dishes. Unroll the pastry and cut out 2 squares to sit on top. Press the edges down the side of the dishes and glaze with the egg yolk. Bake in the oven for 30 mins until golden and cooked through. Serve with wilted spring greens.