Turkey & coriander burgers with guacamole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g turkey mince
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 85g fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado , or 2 small
- 1 chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- juice 1 lime
- 4 ciabatta rolls, cut in half
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 8 hot peppadew peppers, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Mix the mince, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, half each of the coriander and onion, and some seasoning until combined. Form into 4 burgers, then chill until ready to cook.
- STEP 2
To make the guacamole, mash the avocado with the remaining coriander and onion, the chilli and lime juice, and season.
- STEP 3
Heat a griddle pan or barbecue until hot. Griddle the rolls, cut-side down, for 1 min, then keep warm. Brush the burgers with the oil to keep them from sticking. Cook for 7-8 mins on each side until charred and cooked through. Fill the rolls with the burgers, guacamole and peppadews.