Tuna & sundried tomato pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 500g dried rigatoni (or any other short pasta)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 300ml double cream
- 280g jar sundried tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 198g can no-added-salt sweetcorn, drained
- 3 x 120g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 50g parmesan, grated
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to its highest setting and put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil. Tip in the pasta and cook for 1 min less than the pack suggests.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, make the sauce by simmering the tomatoes in a pan with a little seasoning and the thyme for about 5 mins. Pour in the cream, stir and simmer for another 4-5 mins.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water, and tip back into the saucepan. Pour over the creamy tomato sauce, the sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn and tuna. Layer into a baking dish (ours was 22 x 29cm), scattering over the grated cheddar between layers. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and put under the grill for 5 mins until bubbling and golden.