Tomato & chorizo rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g pack small cooking chorizo sausages, halved lengthways
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 250g basmati rice
- 500ml hot chicken stock (or gluten-free alternative)
- 2 roasted peppers from a jar, chopped
- 395g can cherry tomato
- 85g pitted green or Kalamata olive
- STEP 1
Heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the sliced chorizo halves, cut-side down, and cook until the oil starts to come out and they begin to crisp at the edges.
- STEP 2
Tip the onion and garlic into the pan with the chorizo slices, and cook for a few mins more. Stir in the paprika and rice, mix well so that all the grains are coated, then pour in the hot chicken stock and add the roasted peppers. Stir everything, then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 mins.
- STEP 3
Stir in the tomatoes and olives, and cook 8-10 mins more until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed into it.