- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
Sunflower oil is made from pressing sunflower seeds and extracting the oil. It's usually…
- 1 onion, chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 4 tsp Thai red curry paste
- medium butternut squash (about 500g/1lb 2oz) peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- ½ x 400ml / 14 fl oz can reduced-fat coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 140g frozen green beans
- 237g can pineapple chunks in natural juice, drained
With its tuft of spiky, dusty green leaves and cross-hatched, golden orange skin, the pineapple…
- coriander leaves, chopped, and leaves to garnish
Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Fry the onion for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the red curry paste, then add the squash, coconut milk and stock. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the squash is tender. After 10 mins cooking, tip in the green beans.
Stir in the pineapple and coriander, cooking for just a few mins until the pineapple heats through. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve the curry in bowls with noodles or rice.
Making it meaty or IndianFry 4 chopped chicken breasts or thighs with the onion. Or add shredded cooked chicken 5 mins before you’re ready to serve. Or, switch the Thai curry paste for Indian curry paste and serve with rice.