Thai coconut soup with turkey meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- ½ small pack coriander , stems chopped, leaves reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g turkey mince
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai tom yum or Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can low-fat coconut milk
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 300g pack stir-fry vegetable
- 200g pack cooked egg or rice noodle
- STEP 1
Put the coriander stems and garlic in a food processor, pulse until finely chopped, add the turkey and 1 tsp of the fish sauce, and blend again. Roll into meatballs about 3cm in diameter.
- STEP 2
In a saucepan, heat the tom yum or curry paste with a splash of water for 2-3 mins. Pour in the coconut milk, stock, lime zest and juice, and remaining fish sauce. Bring to a simmer, add the meatballs and cook for 3 mins. Add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins more, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- STEP 3
Add the noodles to warm through just before serving. Season, pour into 2 bowls and top with coriander leaves.