- ½ small pack coriander, stems chopped, leaves reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g turkey mince
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- 2 tbsp Thai tom yum or Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can low-fat coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- zest and juice 2 limes
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 300g pack stir-fry vegetable
- 200g pack cooked egg or rice noodle
Put the coriander stems and garlic in a food processor, pulse until finely chopped, add the turkey and 1 tsp of the fish sauce, and blend again. Roll into meatballs about 3cm in diameter.
In a saucepan, heat the tom yum or curry paste with a splash of water for 2-3 mins. Pour in the coconut milk, stock, lime zest and juice, and remaining fish sauce. Bring to a simmer, add the meatballs and cook for 3 mins. Add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins more, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
Add the noodles to warm through just before serving. Season, pour into 2 bowls and top with coriander leaves.