Thai chicken skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus marinating
- Serves 8 as a starter, 16 as a canapé
- 4 limes , juice, plus zest of 1
- 1 bunch coriander , stalks and leaves chopped separately
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 ½ tsp Thai curry paste
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- sweet chilli sauce , to serve
- STEP 1
In a bowl, mix the lime juice, zest, coriander stalks, sugar, fish sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and curry paste together.
- STEP 2
Slice each chicken breasts into 4 strips lengthways and coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to half a day. Soak 32 wooden brochette sticks in water for at least half an hour.
- STEP 3
Thread each strip onto a wooden brochette stick, weaving in and out as if you’re sewing.
- STEP 4
Preheat the grill or barbecue and cook the chicken for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through, in batches.
- STEP 5
Arrange on a platter. Serve with a pot of sweet chilli sauce and a sprinkling of coriander leaves.