- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 250g beef steak (we used rump)
Steak is essentially a boneless thick or thin slice of red meat, cut across the grain of a large…
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 160ml can coconut cream
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- zest 1 lime, juice of ½
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 200g pack green bean
- 300g pack cooked jasmine rice, or 100g rice, cooked and drained
- ½ small pack coriander, leaves picked
- 2 tbsp crispy onion from a pot (we used Danfood Onion Salad Crispies)
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
Rub 1 tbsp of the curry paste over the steak. Heat the oil in a frying pan and bring a small pan of water to the boil. Cook the steak for 2 mins on each side for medium rare, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining curry paste, coconut cream, sugar, chilli and lime zest and juice to the pan, and bubble until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, add the beans to the boiling water and cook for 3 mins, then drain.
Pour any resting juices from the steak into the sauce, then slice the steak into strips. Heat the rice (if not already hot), then divide between 2 bowls. Top with the beans, steak, coconut dressing, coriander and crispy onions.