- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 large sweet potatoes , cut into chunks
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion , sliced
- ½ small pack coriander , stalks chopped and leaves picked
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado , sliced
- handful cheese tortilla chips and some hot sauce (optional), to serve
- STEP 1
Put the sweet potato and half the lime wedges in a microwaveable bowl. Cover with cling film and cook on high for 7 mins until soft. Discard the limes.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the coriander stalks and spices, cook for 1 min more, then tip in the black beans and add some seasoning. Gently stir in the sweet potato (you want some chunky pieces), then make four wells in the mixture. Crack in the eggs, then cover and cook for about 8 mins until the whites are set and yolks runny.
- STEP 3
Top with the avocado and coriander leaves, and serve with the remaining lime wedges. Crush over some tortilla chips and drizzle with hot sauce, if you like.