Teriyaki beef & lettuce cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 350g trimmed sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce marinade, (we used Kikkoman teriyaki marinade)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 tbsp coriander , roughly chopped
- juice 1⁄2 lime
- 6 Little Gem lettuces leaves
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion , thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Put the steak between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until half its original thickness. Thinly slice the steak, then mix with the teriyaki marinade in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 5-10 mins.
- STEP 2
Roughly dice the cucumber and mix with the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season with a little salt.
- STEP 3
Heat a frying pan until very hot, then fry the steak slices for 1½-2½ mins for rare to medium, turning the slices halfway through.
- STEP 4
Pile the cucumber mixture into the lettuce leaves, then top with the seared teriyaki beef, chilli and red onion.