Tagliatelle with vegetable ragu
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp each tomato purée and balsamic vinegar
- 250g diced vegetables, such as courgettes, peppers and mushroom
- 50g red lentil
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with basil
- 250g tagliatelle (or your favourite pasta)
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan (optional)
- STEP 1
Tip the onion, celery and carrots into a large non-stick saucepan and add 2-3 tbsp water or stock, if you have some. Cook gently, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft.
- STEP 2
Add the garlic, tomato purée and balsamic vinegar, cook on a high heat for 1 min more, add the diced veg, lentils, tomatoes, then bring up to the boil.
- STEP 3
Turn to a simmer, then cook for about 20 mins. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions, then drain. Season the ragu and serve with pasta and Parmesan on top, if you like.