- 2 heaped tbsp Jamaican jerk paste
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 salmon fillets
- juice 2 limes
The same shape, but smaller than…
- ½ red cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 firm but ripe mango, skin removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
Heat the grill to medium-high. Mix the jerk paste and 1 tbsp honey together in a bowl. Place the salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking tray and brush all over with the sauce. Cook on the top shelf for 8-10 mins or until just cooked through (move the tray down a shelf if the salmon starts getting too caramelised).
Meanwhile, put the remaining honey, lime juice and some seasoning in a large bowl and mix together. Add the red cabbage, mango, pepper, spring onions and coriander, and toss through the dressing. Serve the salmon on a pile of the slaw.