Sticky citrus chicken with carrots & cashews
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs
- 300-400g baby carrots
- 2 onions , cut into thick round slices
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g roasted cashew
- small pack coriander leaves, to serve
- boiled jasmine rice , to serve
For the glaze
- 100g clear honey
- 4 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- zest 1 lime , plus 4 tbsp juice (about 2 limes)
- zest ½ orange , plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 balls stem ginger , finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp syrup
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken thighs, carrots, onions and oil in a big, shallow roasting tin with some seasoning. Roast for 30 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Drizzle all over the chicken and veg, then roast for another 15 mins.
- STEP 3
Scatter over the cashews, mix everything together well, then roast for a further 15 mins until the chicken is browned, tender and sticky. Scatter over some coriander and serve with the boiled rice.