Sticky apple cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2medium Bramley apples , about 200g each
- 85g dried date , roughly chopped
- 85g ready-to-eat prune , roughly chopped or raisins
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1small orange , zest and juice
- 0% Greek yogurt or fromage frais, to serve
- STEP 1
Halve each apple through the circumference and dig out the core with a dessert spoon from both halves, leaving bowl-shaped hollows behind.
- STEP 2
Mix together all the remaining ingredients except for the orange juice and fill the apples with the mixture. Fit them into a microwaveable dish and pour the orange juice on top. Cover and cook on Medium (500w) for 5-7 mins until soft. Cool for a few mins before serving with the yogurt or fromage frais.