Steamed lemon tilapia with teriyaki sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 75ml /2½ fl oz mirin (we used Cooks' Ingredients mirin from Waitrose, see tip)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, juice ½, ½ sliced
- 250g basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 4x140g/5oz pieces tilapia fillet
- 3cm/1¼ inch piece ginger, shredded
- 1 red chilli, sliced, deseeded if you like
- small bunch spring onions, sliced
- STEP 1
Pour the soy, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan with the lemon juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins until slightly syrupy. Remove and set aside.
- STEP 2
Put the rice in a large saucepan and cover with water, about 450ml. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 5 mins – the rice should have absorbed about 3⁄4 of the water. Place the fish fillets on top.
- STEP 3
Sprinkle each with ginger, chilli and a slice of lemon. Season, cover and cook for about 5 mins, until the fish and rice are cooked through. Serve with a drizzle of the sauce and sprinkled with the spring onions.