Steak & Vietnamese noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 83g brown rice noodles (Clearspring contain no salt)
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 250g fillet steak
- 2 carrots , peeled into ribbons
- ½ Chinese cabbage , shredded
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- 1 small pack coriander , roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 red chilli , seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 lime , juiced
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- STEP 1
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl with 1 tbsp water until the sugar has dissolved.
- STEP 2
Cook the noodles following pack instructions, then plunge into a bowl of cold water to cool completely. Drain the noodles, then add the carrot, cabbage, spring onion and dressing, and toss to combine.
- STEP 3
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Season the steak, then cook to your liking; 2-3 mins on each side for medium rare. Leave to rest for 5 mins, then slice. Divide the salad and steak slices between bowls and scatter over some coriander to serve.