Squid, prawn & chickpea nduja stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fennel, finely chopped, fronds reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp nduja or 1 cooking chorizo, skin removed, crumbled
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml red wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 200g prepared squid
- 200g king prawns (peeled weight)
- small handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- STEP 1
Heat the olive oil in a large, flameproof shallow casserole dish over a medium heat, and cook the onion, fennel and garlic for 12 mins, stirring occasionally until soft and just turning golden. Stir in the nduja or chorizo and sizzle for 2 mins until the oils are released and the veg starts to take on the red colour.
- STEP 2
Tip in the tomatoes, then rinse the can out with the wine and pour it in, along with the stock. Stir in the chickpeas. Season and bring to a simmer, then cook for 20 mins until the sauce is rich. Season to taste.
- STEP 3
Stir in the squid and prawns so they’re completely mixed into the sauce, then simmer for about 5 mins more until the squid and prawns are cooked through. Scatter with the parsley, lemon zest and reserved fennel fronds before serving.