Spooky surprise truffles
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 2 hrs chilling
- Makes 20-25
- 100ml double cream
- 200g dark chocolate , chopped into small pieces
- 5 capers , drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 5 small sour fizzy sweets
- 1 olive , cut into 5 pieces
- cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles, for rolling
- STEP 1
Pour the cream into a pan and bring just to the boil. Put the chocolate in a large bowl, then pour over the hot cream. Stir until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool, then transfer to the fridge and chill for 2 hrs, or until solid.
- STEP 2
Scoop out a teaspoonful of the mixture, poke a caper, sweet or piece of olive into the centre and roll into a walnut-size ball with your hands. Repeat with the remaining fillings, then roll the remaining mixture into balls without any filling. Roll the truffles in cocoa or sprinkles. Chill until ready to serve.