- 5 large eggs
- 300g tub low-fat natural cottage cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15g finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 225g frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed and finely chopped
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
- 2 roasted red peppers (not in oil), torn into strips
- generous grating of nutmeg
One of the most useful of spices for both sweet and savoury…
- 100g whole cherry tomato
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 20cm sandwich tin with a single sheet of baking parchment if your tin has a loose bottom.
Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the cottage cheese, garlic, half the Parmesan, the spinach, peppers, nutmeg and some black pepper. Tip into the tin, top with the tomatoes and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 40 mins until set all the way through and starting to puff up. Cut into wedges and serve hot or cold. Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.